The BioRisk Association of the Philippines 2015, Inc. (BRAP) in collaboration with Health Security Partners (HSP) will conduct a 4 half-day virtual training of trainors for the safe handling, packaging, and transport of valuable biological materials (VBMs).
The course intends to make the participants be aware that the transfer of VBM is a safe and secure process following standards of the Department of Health and the International Air Transport Association.
BRAP’s certified pool of trainors will teach participants the basics of handling, packaging, documentation and safe and secure VBM transport. The course will expect the participant to be able to train others on day 4 in a way that they will be comfortable with. One month after the last session day, the participants will do a step-down training on what training activity they have developed within the month after training.
This course is based on the Department of Health’s Manual on Packaging and Transport of Laboratory Specimen for Referral, the WHO Guidance on Regulations for the Transport of Infectious Substances, and the WHO Laboratory Biosafety Manual 4th ed.
Target participants for this training are laboratory personnel or heads/chiefs, preferably managerial-level, of institutions handling molecular testing of infectious diseases in humans and animals. 20 participants will be selected from each site: North Luzon, NCR, South Luzon, and Visayas. Selection process is competitive subject to funder approval.
- Open to all BRAP members and non-members.
- Government ID with picture (preferably passport, driver’s license or PRC ID).
- Company ID or Letter of Employment from your Human Resources div.
- Fully accomplished BRAP Summary Resume. Download here.
- Laboratory profile (name, address, molecular diagnostic services offered, no. of personnel, photo of License to Operate). Do not send us a link.
- Lab flyer, company profile or webpage.
- Letter of conform to abide by training schedule and course deliverables.
- Submit all requirements in ONE (1) pdf file only. Filename: SURNAME_hspbrapTOT
Principal Investigator: Dr. Miguel Martin Moreno II
Proj. Lead: Dr. Leila Lany Florento
Coordinator: Mr. Larry Jay Langaman
Database Mgr: Mr. Ariel Angelo Aquino
Email requirement altogether at firstname.lastname@example.org