The types of and qualifications for membership shall be as follows:
A Founding Member is:
- Any person with interest in biosafety, biosecurity, and biorisk management
who has the heart and intention to establish the Organization and to actively participate in its initial activities and planning events. A Founding Member shall pay a one-time founding membership fee of five hundred pesos (P500.00) and three hundred psoso (P300) thereafter annually. Payment shall be made by cash, check, money order, remittance, or directly deposited in an account under the name ‘Biological Risk Association Philippines’ or as so approved by the Board. The membership title is permanent unless such voluntarily resigns or withdraws from the organization. The founding members, being also the incorporators, shall pay a one-time incorporator’s fee of five hundred pesos (P500).
A Regular Member is:
- A practitioner (physician, scientist, laboratorian, safety personnel, life science professional, and safety regulatory personnel) of biosafety, biosecurity, and biorisk management, currently and actively working or had been working in a biological laboratory facility within the past three (3) years upon application for membership;
- Any person (physician, scientist, laboratorian, safety personnel, life science professional, and safety regulatory personnel) who, based on his/her current job description, shows an active practice of biosafety, biosecurity, and biorisk management;
- An applicant who fulfills the aforementioned subsections i and ii and recommended by a member of the Board and/or endorsed by the Membership Committee and approved by the Board or President shall pay the annual regular membership fee of three hundred pesos (P300.00). Payment shall be made by cash, check, money order, remittance or directly deposited in an account under the name Biological Risk Association Philippines. The status shall be “Regular member, Active” for the given calendar year, as determined by the Board.
An Honorary Member:
- The title Honorary Member shall be conferred by the Board on a person upon the
recommendation of any member of the Board, and approved by the majority vote of the Board, has rendered distinguished service to the Organization or the industry.
- As this title is a privilege, the membership fee shall be waived. The honorary member shall, however, NOT be allowed to hold any position in the Board or vote in any election or issue that calls for a vote.
(Membership) (Types & Qualifications) (Application Form) (Termination of Membership)