Travel Support to Asia-Pacific Biosafety Association (A-PBA) 2017 Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Conference link: http://www.a-pba.org/
Location: Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Who should apply?
- Bioscience or Veterinary Professionals
- Recent Bioscience graduates and post-doctoral fellows
- Early career or graduate level bio-scientists and researchers who have been recognized for their potential leadership in the field of biosecurity either by referral of a current participant, BEP institutional partner, or other leaders in the biosecurity field
- Individuals who have an abstract or poster presentation accepted at the conferenceIndividuals who have not received previous grant support from BEP will have preferenceIndividuals who have not received previous grant support from BEP will have preference
- Individuals who are in key positions related to biosafety or biosecurity at their home institution or government ministry
- Individuals who have not received previous grant support from BEP will have preference
Deadline for travel support application: June 30, 2017 EST
The above criteria reflect an effort to identify and attract early career and future biorisk management and biosafety professionals who have the potential to take on future leadership roles within Biosecurity and Biosafety Associations and/or other BEP partners in the Asia Pacific region. These participants will have the opportunity to learn from and build professional networks with participants selected on the basis of demonstrated successful collaboration with BEP to promote biosecurity and biosafety in their respective institutions and regions. Individuals who present a specific plan to apply the training and connections available at the conference to future biosafety and biosecurity work at their institute, and possibly other institutions in their home country, are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to applicants from Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia, but meritorious applications from Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia will also be considered.
What will the grant cover:
- Conference and pre-conference course registration fees
- Travel costs as allowed by U.S. Government regulations
- Travel and logistical support will be provided by CRDF Global
Click here to download application form
Interested BRAP Members, please copy furnish Dr. Moreno when you email your application.
CRDF Global supports the U.S. Department of State’s Biosecurity Engagement Program (BEP), whose mission is to reduce the risks posed by biological threats by working with governments, scientists, and other stakeholders to build sustainable capacity for biosecurity, biosafety, disease surveillance, and cooperative scientific research. CRDF Global will manage and administer the funds for the travel grants. More information is available at www.crdfglobal.org