Who should apply?
- veterinarians, medical technologists or bio-science professionals working in Mindanao
- individuals who are in key positions related to biosafety, biosecurity, and biorisk management at their home institution or government departments
- individuals who have an abstract for poster presentation accepted at the conference
- individuals who have not received previous grant support from BEP will have preference.
The above criteria reflect an effort to identify biorisk management and biosafety professionals who have the potential to take on future leadership roles within biosecurity and biosafety associations and/or other BEP partners in the country. These participants will have the opportunity to learn from and build professional networks with participants selected on the basis of demonstrated successful collaboration with BEP to promote biosecurity and biosafety in their respective institutions and regions.
Individuals who present a specific plan to apply the training and connections available at the conference to future biorisk management, biosafety, and biosecurity work at their institute, and possibly other institutions in their locality, are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to veterinary applicants.
What will the grant cover:
- Conference course registration fees
- Travel costs as allowed by US government regulations
- Travel and logistical support will be provided
- To apply for travel grant support, please accomplish fully the application form, and then submit this form along with a copy of your updated curriculum vitae (CV) and any government-issued ID (preferably PRC) for verification to email@example.com with the subject “#brapconv2grant”.
- Selection for the travel support is a competitive selection process. BRAP reserves the right to withdraw grant offers to individuals who are unresponsive.
- The DEADLINE for submitting this application is on March 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM (Philippine time). Definitely NO EXTENSION. Please email us with any questions related to this.