HOW TO BECOME A BIOSAFETY OFFICER
The revised guidelines for the licensing of clinical laboratories in the Philippines mandates the designation of a medical technologist as a biosafety officer. However, very few professionals have an in-depth training and expertise in the field of biosafety, biosecurity and biorisk management to fill the need for such a position. As such, it is essential that the roles and responsibilities of a biosafety officer is well-elucidated. This lecture will present the international guidance documents pertaining to a biosafety officer as well as the local legal framework and regulations in the Philippine context. Moreso, the essential characteristics of a biosafety officer will be discussed in-depth and potential avenues as a biosafety officer.
- To expand the knowledge of medical technologists on the vital role of biosafety officers in the clinical laboratory.
- To provide insights on the role of a biosafety officer in the clinical laboratory.
- To introduce the conceptual and legal framework for biosafety officers in the Philippines
- To discuss the essential characteristics that must be possessed by a biosafety officer
- To provide details on how to embark on a journey to become a biosafety officer
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- under construction