An advanced hybrid training course, fully funded by the US Department of State Biosecurity Engagement Program and the CRDF Global, in collaboration with the International Federation of Biosafety Associations and organized by the BioRisk Association of the Philippines 2015, Inc.
As one of the goals of the Biosecurity Engagement Program (BEP) of the U.S. Department of State is to build capacity for certified biosafety professionals in the Philippines, CRDF Global will work with the BioRisk Association of the Philippines, Inc., (BRAP) to run a series of four trainings (modules) over a year for at least 20 participants selected from private and university labs in the Philippines that are potentially at risk. Participants will master BSS and BRM, after which they will take the Professional Certification in BRM Exam given by the International Federation of Biosafety Associations (IFBA). The following IFBA Professional Certification topics will be covered in each two-week unit per module: 1) Foundations in Global BRM; 2) Biorisk Assessment and Mitigation; 3) Integrated Laboratory Operations; 4) Biorisk Leadership and Management. There will be a mix of virtual lectures, hands-on training, assessments, and consultations in each unit. Participants must use their theoretical knowledge of BRM best practices in a capstone project. In this project, they will collect and process data, apply suitable and appropriate analytic methods to their chosen problem, write a scientific paper about BRM best practices that could be published, and give a formal presentation on BRM to a professional audience of faculty mentors and other peers. Lastly, CRDF Global will hold a three-day event for the 20 participants. The first two days will be training for taking the IFBA BRM exam, and on the third day, CRDF Global will make sure that everyone takes the exam.
Participants will master biosecurity and biorisk management to protect their institutions. They will learn content necessary to hurdle the IFBA BRM exam and become IFBA-certified biorisk professionals. They will also learn how write and publish their biorisk management capstone project in a biosafety/biosecurity journal.
How to apply
- Download CBPTC Application Form (below) so you have a DRAFT before going online.
- Accomplish draft application form as your guide.
- Once accomplished, go online to formally apply (http://bit.ly/CBPTCapplication)
- Prepare the following documents to identify and upload.
- a certificate of employment duly endorsed by a letter from your immediate superior,
- a copy of your diploma,
- Certificates of BRAP (or other institutions/organizations) workshops, trainings, seminars, conventions, etc. that you have received within the past three years. Workshops, trainings and seminars must be biosafety and biosecurity, and biorisk management related.
- BRAP membership ID number,
- Three BRAP Reference Forms completed by two different people and one from your immediate superior and
- Scanned copy of your passport infopage with signature.
- Send your intended reference this link so they can fill out your referral form (https://bit.ly/BRAPreferralForm)
Here are the sample of the forms you may initially download as YOUR DRAFT before you go online to officially apply:
BRAP CBPTC Referral Form FILLABLE
End of post –